Klingman Law, LLC has extensive experience in commercial litigation and the resolution of business disputes, including but not limited to:
- Arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Breach of contract
- Copyright infringement, theft of trade secrets and other intellectual property matters
- Business dissolution
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Franchise disputes
- Non-compete and other employer-employee disputes
- Business torts (such as interference with business relationships and unfair trade practices)
- Civil RICO
These are selected examples of cases that demonstrate Klingman Law, LLC's considerable experience:
- Representation of small telecommunications provider in federal action to recover damages due to lock-out and past-due commissions.
- Representation of limited investor against general partners for breach of fiduciary duty over failure to account for capital contribution.
- Representation of landowner against owner of cell tower for breach of contract and past-due rent.
- Defense of national ice cream franchise chain in federal action brought by former franchisees for breach of franchise agreement.
- Defense of Connecticut manufacturer in a federal breach of contract action brought by healthcare services vendor.
- Representation of national restaurant chain in federal court prosecuting claim against mall owner for breach of a restrictive covenant in real estate lease agreement.
- Defense of large Connecticut hospital in federal action claiming breach of contract and unfair trade practices arising from alleged lock-out.
- Defense of New England milk producer in a federal copyright infringement action, which included defeat of plaintiff’s attempt for preliminary injunction.
- Representation of national manufacturer in a federal action seeking damages for former employees’ theft of trade secrets.
- Defended aviation component manufacturer in a federal products liability/contribution action by major U.S. airline arising from runway overrun.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in federal breach of contract action against subcontractor.
- Defended large U.S. airline in a multi-district federal and state civil litigation arising from a significant aviation disaster.
In addition to commercial litigation, Klingman Law, LLC also has experience litigating antitrust, shareholder derivative, securities fraud and whistleblower (or qui tam) actions. The following are examples of such involvement:
- Representation of foreign computer retailer in proposed class action litigation against computer component manufacturers for alleged price fixing and other antitrust violations.
- Representation of small employer in proposed class action against major insurance company for hidden and excessive fees for 401(k) plan in alleged violation of ERISA.
- Representation of mutual fund company in securities fraud action based in part on violations of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Representation of several individuals in proposed class action prosecuting federal claims for cyber-breach and resulting unauthorized release of confidential information.
- Representation of State Treasurer as trustee of State Pension plan in a securities fraud class action against Fortune 500 company.
Klingman Law, LLC can guide you throughout whatever dispute your company faces, including litigation if necessary. Our rates are very competitive – allowing Big Firm services at Main Street prices – and we frequently use alternative fee arrangements.